- Note: Mutt owns the copyright on audio on this page and asks that it not be distributed.
is the name of the language
spoken by Fuzzbok
. The name was self-chosen by some of the first fuzzbucket contactees and reflects the typically oddball sense of humour of the species, considering that most humans who try to speak the language do end up feeling orally off-kilter.
This is because fuzztongue contains a range of syllable-sounds not found in English or similar languages. The most famous (and probably most difficult) of these sounds are:
- the 'benign coo' (emitted when happy or friendly), transliterated as wr [listen]
- the 'appreciative purr' (emitted when impressed or self-satisfied), transliterated as kr [listen]
- the 'death rattle' (emitted when preparing to attack, never in playfights), transliterated as hr [listen]
Another sound emitted by fuzz is:
- the 'whicker' (a whimper/snicker, emitted on occasions when you'd use either), which is not transliterated [listen]