The below can be disregarded. Current plans include using basic forum software, importing the old forum posts (at least the stories and relevant pieces, probably disregarding all the non-story content, though this will be kept for archival purposes), and working from there based on usage.
It will not be called Pro 2.0, or if it is you may all lynch the webmaster. ;)
This wiki page is for ideas for the new-look site. At this stage we can be as ambitious and pipe-dreamy as we like.
Please add! No section is closed. Nothing is stupid, even if it's pretty stupid. What would the Best Co-Writing Site Ever look like? Feel like? Be like to use?
- Better tools and functions for a co-writing community - communication, collaboration and so on
- Great navigation - aim for a single click to find anything
- Storytelling and background material closely integrated: who's-who reminders or in-depth information available in one click - without interrupting the story
- Storytelling and meta-material (plot discussion, comments, etc) integrated but separate. "Turn annotations on? Add your comment to this paragraph?"
- Consistent approach to in-character and out-of-character interactions: linking character to author, giving both a voice
- The setup should make things possible, not limit what we can do
- Data out - options in the form of feeds, email notifications... - keep up with the site the way you want to
- Data in - don't own everything, link to everything (ie other sites, character LiveJournals etc)
- Search that displays results helpfully sorted: First "matched title", second pages that include the searched word in the title, and only afterwards pages that mention the searched word(s) only in their text.
- a way to post 'anonymously' (as author but under anonymous character?)
- the CMS (content management system) currently in consideration. Plus points: open-source, developer community, add-ons for everything. Minus points: forum software not great out of the box.
the title should be AWESOMR (beta). --Bz