- See Shaded colour symbolism for symbolic use of colour as opposed to trendy astrology.
Chromatic theory is, depending on your outlook and interpretation, a social or a spiritual system (perhaps along the lines of feng shui).
- Each person is said to be connected to a colour (called true colour).
- The true colour represents hir lifelong personality, and does not change
- Thus, it may not be the person's favourite colour
- The true colour of a person can be discovered by anyone who knows how to. If the theory's prediction is correct, two or more different testers will always get the same result for the same person.
- Wearing clothing (or using wallpaper, etc) of the colour is thought to cause beneficial psychological or spiritual effects.
- Claimed benefits include aiding in concentration during learning or magical rituals
- It is also said to calm patients with emotional disorders
- Some people claim that the true colour can be used to tell other characteristics of the person, or even hir future - like a horoscope.
Chromatic theory is in vogue for a few years, particularly among progressive parents and research witches, one or two decades before the Twine Wars events kick off.